Sunday, March 30, 2014

What Can I Get Rid Of?

I live my life thinking that I only use the necessities. But when I actually think about all the excess things that I own and use throughout the day is absurd. It seems quite humorous to me because there are so many things that I could easily live without. In my home there are different toys, clothes, empty boxes, and broken things that need to be fixed. The toys that I have in my home are from when I was much younger. I never seemed to throw them away because they do hold some type of sentimental value to me and I always thought that there could be a chance that I could pass them down to younger cousins when I got older or use them for some type of school project. There are many open boxes that simply have nothing in them. We keep some of the boxes expecting to use them sooner or later but it has been years since we actually used them. They could easily be thrown out. A bunch of broken things are kept as well. We keep these broken things because they have some type of value and we hope to fix them soon. But they just sit there and collect dust as the days go by. There are books in my closet from years ago. Keeping them in hopes of selling them online later was a good idea at the time but now schools do not even use the same books. All books have been modified so they are pretty useless to me. There is also a large amount of old clothes that either do not fit me anymore or I have not worn them in close to a year. I could easily give them away to people that have to wear the same clothes multiple times a week. There are only a few things that i could literally not live without. These things are my weights, my bed, the food that my family provides for me and a shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment