Sunday, February 23, 2014

Nature Blog

I am sitting in my back yard as I view these different unique things that seem to be viewing me as well. As I watch these different trees, bushes, grass and birds I realize they all are alive just as much as I am. They might react to situations very differently and live a completely different life from what I live but they all are alive. I realize that these things need to breathe, eat, and reproduce as well to survive. I feel as though I am completely different from these things but at the same time I have some type of connection with all of them. In some way I do envy them because of how easy it is for them to live. But in their view it might be difficult for them to go through their life, but i will never be able to understand that no matter what experiment I practice. As I look around me I see an old pine tree that has been there in my back yard before I even moved into my home. Behind me there is a monstrous palm tree that rocks back and forth with the wind. To my left there are three small rose bushes. Only two of them actually have roses growing but they seem to change day by day. The floor that I am sitting on is covered with grass, but not only one type of grass there are long pieces, short pieces, and thick pieces. There are parts of the yard where grass does not grow as well as other spots, which makes me curious of to why it does not grow in that particular spot. The birds all around me fly from tree to tree playing, which brings me deeper into my envy of how easily these natural things can live. Throughout my experience I realized many things, but the one thought that would not leave me alone is the one that made me doubt that us humans are living naturally. Are we supposed to be living the way that we are living? If we are then why is it so difficult?

10 comments:

  1. I tend to find myself thinking quite similarly. I too envy the simplicity and happiness that most animals get to enjoy. However, one must also consider their constant struggle to survive. But humans tread on tediously working and learning, so aren't we somewhat the same? That's a question I will never be able to answer. Nature itself relates to humans in all ways imaginable so who knows. Beautifully philosophical blog, nice work Jason!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Jason mentions, much of our surroundings are unnoticed until people take the time to absorb and perceive what is around them, which they should do more often. The plants and animals seem content living their basic lives, but why is it that humans crave more? People are sucked into the hectic, hustle and bustle of the city and they fail to realize that the basics is all that they need.Excellent connection of nature to ones daily life Jason!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree to Jason’s ideas. It is truly interesting to look around and see different creatures that live such diverse lives. Jason has done a phenomenal job analyzing and understanding this logical thought he has mentioned time and time again in his post. It was a clever and unique way to approach the prompt. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jason described some interesting points and thoughts that have gone through many people's minds because it is a common topic to think about when enjoying nature. Jason also gave a detailed description of his surroundings and thought of questions that would be interesting to hear the answers of. Nice job Jason!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Humans have done the most miraculous things and achieved the most amazing feats, but they still struggle to enjoy life’s most precious gift, living. Every once in a while, everyone in this world should take time to sit down and take a break away from today’s loud, corrupted, and savage world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great observations Jason! Jason took the time to sit in his back yard and pay attention to his surroundings by describing them in great detail. Also, Jason came up with different fascinating questions. It is just so saddening that people do not appreciate nature; instead they waste their time using technology.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jason's blog shows us what details can become apparent to us once we sit down and just observe our surroundings. All these details may not have been as obvious, due to us not paying attention. By cutting away all links to the r=digital world, we can see just how beautifully detailed the real world is.Extremely well written blog, good job Jason.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The interpretations used to compare Jason to the plants is quite unique, realizing different aspects of life. People rarely sit down and notice non-human's lifestyles, the way Jason has done. Nature is a completely different side of life, not clear to people of how to take advantage of its beauty and appreciate it. Overall, outstanding observing blog, Jason.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jason did an extremely well job with this blog post. It seems as though he fully grasped the idea and purpose of the assignment. I admired the questions which he asked himself and the reader throughout the blog. It grabs attention and gets one thinking. One does not know why certain things occur in life or how one is supposed to survive in this world, but I guess by simply living, one can truly find out. Excellent blog post Jason!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jason should consider writing novels after his mesmerizing descriptions of his surroundings. Although I, myself, have been in his backyard over a thousand times, it seemed like such a majestic place. A place full of depth and stories that range back years and years. Jason's connections and vivid details bolded well, as they appealed to me as a reader. Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete